Middle Brother – “Middle Brother” – 1.13.12

“Stay hydrated from a double shot,
get my nourishment from a punch in the gut,
never really felt i had the best o’ luck,
i got a big big mouth it just a won’t shut up.

I really enjoy the song “Middle Brother” off Middle Brothers album Middle Brother. I promise that being able to type that last sentence was only 15% of the reason I picked this song for today. The other 85% of the reason I wen’t with Middle Brothers, “Middle Brother” off Middle Brother (Last time, I swear) is because I can’t get it out of my head. I keep finding myself thinking and talking to myself (What? I’m lonely, don’t judge) in the tune of this song. Normally I hate it when a song gets stuck in my head but “Middle Brother” is no “It’s a small World,” I actually enjoy having it bounce around in that over sized cranium of mine. Who knows, maybe it will be one of the rare songs I actually listen to and think of when trying to get another song out of by head (Only the “Jurassic Park Theme” and “The Blue Danube” currently hold those spots).

Middle Brother is a folk-rock super group composed of John J. McCauley III of Deer Tick, Taylor Goldsmith of Dawes, and Matt Vasquez of Delta Spirit.

I can’t be the only one who pictures a group of bearded guys in plaid hanging out in a leaf covered meadow with instruments and capes when the phrase folk-rock super group is used? Right? …Right?

– Alex

Start the discussion

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *